YOU WILL NOW USE THE GREEN HOME/SCHOOL BOOKS FOR WRITING/PHONICS ACTIVITIES.
1. (OBS) Curly Caterpillar letters handwriting ONLY DO LETTERS: c a o d (the rest we will do another day)
Look at the poster of where the letters start. Children should form letters at the correct starting point. Draw lines for your child to write x5 of each letter on please.
2. Read Twinkl Aisha the Superhero Princess PDF.
3. (OBS) Use the green home/school books. Draw lines for writing. Answer the questions PDF by writing the answer in the books.
e.g. 1. Aisha
Spelling does not have to be correct. Children are to use the sounds they know to write letters in the words.
Scribe after your child has had a go writing independently if it cannot be read.
1. Counting in tens introduction. Look at the screenshot or you can highlight the tens with your child using the information below.
***Click on the Number square link, click 1-100 and highlight all of the 10s (10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100) ***** https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/paint-the-squares
Ask children what do you notice about the numbers... what is the same? They all have a 0 at the end.
What is different? They have numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 at the beginning.
Count in tens with your child 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100. This is new teaching so I don't expect them to get it correct the first time. We will continue to practise so don't spend too long on this.
2. (OBS) 1 more = Explain that 1 more is the same as adding 1 / the number after.
Look at the 1 more number sentence sheet Section 1 (write out yourself or print if you can).
Discuss the number sentence/words.
Children will write the answer what is 1 more.
I have also included the wording 1 more than ___. Children need to become familiar with the mathematical vocabulary.
If your child is struggling, please use objects to support counting
e.g. 7+1 = get 7 objects, add 1 more objects, count how many altogether,
Challenge: Complete the challenge side if children can do Section 1.
Please comment how your child did reading the words.
Purple Mash 2DO - Colour the castle
Numbots, Resource Pack, cutting, threading, playdoh