YoU WILL NOW USE THE GREEN HOME/SCHOOL BOOKS FOR WRITING/PHONICS ACTIVITIES when writing is permitted. You will need to write lines in and children to use a writing pencil to write words/sentences/numbers please.
1. (OBS) Write your first name and last name. Support ONLY if needed. Make sure capitals are only for the first letter of your names. Draw lines for the children to write their name on, check that letters are formed correctly and start in the correct position.
Who is your favourite superhero and tell me why? Draw a picture too.
Red/Yellow - Write 3 sentences.
Green - Write 2 sentences.
Purple/Orange/Blue group - Write 1 sentence.
e.g. I like ___ because. He is ___. She can ___.
Purple/Orange/Blue - Write 4 labels.
Can be a fictional character (or a character with a power - Elsa, Peter Pan, Ariel) or someone in your family who is your hero if you don’t have a favourite fictional one.
Spelling does not have to be correct. Children are to use the sounds they know to write letters in the words.
Scribe after your child has had a go writing independently if it cannot be read.
1. POWER MATHS Journal B - 2D Shapes page 20.
2. All About the Number 6 . WATCH THE INPUT VIDEO.
Get the part-whole model poster from the folder. Place 6 objects in the whole part. Move the objects to different parts. e.g. 2 in one part and 4 in another part. Then write the number sentence 2+4=6. Then move some of the objects to another group which then makes another number sentence e.g. 1 in one group and 5 in another then write the number sentence 1+5=6.
(OBS) Write all the number sentences that make 6 in your red squared maths book.
1. Phonics Play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
log in username: jan21
Click on... resources, phase 2, Space Race Phase 2 (listen to the word and type the spelling).
2. CGP Phonics book - Pages 6, 7 Common Words
How did your child do reading the captions?
BBC iPlayer - Kit and Pup - Melting and Freezing. Discuss the affects of freezing water and melting. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bf5g0v/kit-pup-series-1-23-melting-and-freezing
Numbots, Resource Pack, cutting, threading, playdoh, helping to cook/bake/clean/tidy.