1. (OBS) Spell Phase 3 Tricky words: was you all they her are (children may need to practise copying first)
2. Carnivores, Herbivores and Omnivores PDF or PPT (the PPT is interactive which is good when it works on your devices)
Have a read through the information about dinosaurs. At the end, discuss which dinosaurs were carnivores, herbivores or omnivores.
3. (OBS) Then write (with support/copy words as the words are tricky)
A carnivore is a meat eater.
A herbivore is a plant eater.
An omnivore eats plants and meat.
You could draw a picture of three dinosaurs that are the different eaters.
Check letter formation as the children are writing.
Explain that a capital A comes at the start of the sentence. Discuss full stops at the end of a sentence and finger spaces between words.
1. Power maths B page 6,7 - draw 9 flowers, show 10 on tens frame, count buttons and clips.
2. Power Maths B page 22 - number formation
3. Practise the number 10 pairs song - we will practise this again next week. It is in the tune of 'frere jacques'
1. Phonics play www.phonicsplay.co.uk
Username – jan21
Password - home
Click on... Resources – Phase 1 – Cake Bake (work through rhyming games)
Comment how children got on understanding rhyming.
2. (OBS) CGP Phonics book – page 22,23 'z'
Purple mash 2DO– dinosaur story (turn off volume and children try to read on their own)
Numbots, Resource Pack, cutting, threading, playdoh, help cooking/baking/cleaning, Joe Wicks, Cosmic Yoga