1. (OBS) Write your first name and last name. Support ONLY if needed. Make sure capitals are only for the first letter of your names. Draw lines for the children to write their name on, check that letters are formed correctly and start in the correct position.
I know that we do this a few times a week but it is really important that they can write their name with the correct formation to rule out any letter formation bad habits
2. (OBS) Dinosaur Scene - Look at the picture of the dinosaur scene. Write what you can see.
Draw lines for your child to write sentences please.
Red/Yellow/Green - Write 3 sentences
Purple/Orange - Write 2 sentences
Blue - Write 1 sentence
e.g I can see a green T-Rex. There are two triceratops.
Spelling does not have to be correct. Children are to use the sounds they know to write letters in the words.
Scribe after your child has had a go writing independently if it cannot be read.
Do not tell children what letters to write. Discuss a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence, finger spaces and full stops.
1. Sing the Pairs to 10 song.
2. All About the Number 10 . WATCH THE INPUT VIDEO.
Get the part-whole model poster from the folder. Place 10 objects in the whole part. Move the objects to different parts. e.g. 5 in one part and 5 in another part. Then write the number sentence 5+5=10. Then move some of the objects to another group which then makes another number sentence e.g. 2 in one group and 8 in another then write the number sentence 2+8=10.
(OBS) Write all the number sentences that make 10 in your red squared maths book.
There are going to be lots of number sentences now, please do as many as you can.
I am trialing using Twinkl for phonics resources today so not sure how it will work (let's hope it does work!)
Click on the link or type 'twinkl go' in google. I have included a Twinkl go information sheet.
Type this pin in the boxes – GQ5184
1. Level 2 Phonics Bingo Matching Game
2. Early reading Activity 1 (it should be interactive, if not, just read sentence and say which is the correct picture)
if it does not work, please go onto Phonics Play and complete Phase 2 - Pick a Picture - Phase 2
(OBS) Scavenger Hunt: Rainbow - Write labels for the things you find.
This is a simple writing activity which does not have to be done sat at the table. Get up and get going on your hunt.
Take your book/paper and write down labels for the things you find. Have fun!
Numbots, Resource Pack, cutting, threading, playdoh, help cooking/baking/cleaning, Joe Wicks, Cosmic Yoga